Free Patterns


Welcome. if you are here looking for free patterns you will find them listed in a menu on the right of this page. You may have to scroll down. Click on what interests you. A page will come up with the pattern. Click on "File" in the upper left hand corner. Then click on "download original". If you like what you see click on "save a copy " in the floating toolbar at the bottom of the page. I hope the pattern makes up for these extra steps. Enjoy.



Sunday, November 8, 2009

Playing With Yarn

Been laid up with this bum knee for weeks. Only one thing to do, knit. I haven't designed a new pattern in awhile as I have been busy with knitting Christmas gifts. Now that I am finished with the gift knitting I can take up my needles and play with yarn, that is, design a new toy. I find it such fun to make an idea come alive in a 3 D representation. This time it is Ballerina Bear, a little bear in her tutu and tiara. She has evidently advanced pretty far in dance class as she is on her toes. Had a heck of a time getting her tutu full enough without having it too stiff and heavy. Finally got that problem solved, and the rest went along without a hitch. Love it when that happens. It is almost like the toy was meant to be. So I would like to introduce you to Ballerina Bear.

You can find her at my Etsy site or on Ravelry. Both have additional pictures. Let me know what you think. Also I would love to hear from you what kind of toys you would like to see available in patterns. Remember, it is illegal to come out with a pattern for a character that is copyrighted or has a trademark. Anything generic is fair game.

1 comment:

  1. Oh she is so cute, I just learned how to finish a scarf, a abc beginner, this charmed me flat.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete